18 Jun 2010

Gen 1 - Chapter 5: The Investigation.

Claude picked the envelope up from the floor, and opened it. Inside was a letter from his mother.
It read :

My dear son, I have wanted to tell you this for a while now, but couldn't find the words. I know where your Father is! When you were young he was working for the government as a spy and was sent on a special mission to France. I don't know the reason why but he was told that there was an accident and we were dead. He never thought that the government would lie to him. He was so heartbroken that he decided to stay in France, and start a new life. I managed to find this address and wanted to wait until you were old enough to do with it what you wanted. If you want to go find him then you have my blessing, your Father is a wonderful man who loved his family very much. I am sure he will want to meet you. I know you will do the right thing.

Lots of love mum x


Claude was shocked to say the least. I'm not sure he knew how to feel about the whole situation. The man who he thought had walked out on him and his mother, didn't know that that would have been the last time he saw his family. I could tell instantly that he wanted to find him, and told him he had my blessing.



Claude told me that he was going to hire a private investigator to find out as much about his dad as possible before he could even think about going to find him himself. I think he was scared that his Father would reject him for a second time. I just hope that that isn't the case.



We spoke to the investigator, he said that it would take roughly a fortnight before he would have enough information to hand over to us. His fee was £800, half was to be paid now and the other half when he had done what was asked of him. I asked if I could have a word with Claude in private, I told him that this was a lot of money, but if he was positive that he wanted to go ahead, then he had my full support. If everything went well, the girls would be able to get to know their Grand-father. Both Claude and I knew that the girl's would benefit from having as many people around to love them as possible.



It was the girls birthday in a few weeks and we wanted to throw them a huge party, as we had kept it to a small family affair last time. I thought we could hire the community pool for a few hours and have the party there, Claude agreed that this was a great idea. I phoned the head office and asked if it was possible and was told we could have access to the pool for the whole day, food and music would also be provided for a payment of £250. I thought this was great and booked it right away.



I had finally finished buying and wrapping their birthday presents. I thought it would also be nice if they had their own rooms, now that they were older. So decided to redecorate the nursery and spare room for them. 

When I was finished the rooms looked beautiful. They were painted in the girl's favourite colours, pink for Lyra and orange for Lily.



Today is the girl's birthday. I can't believe they are so grown up already. Only seems like yesterday that I was holding them in my arms for the first time, smelling that wonderful baby smell.



I collected their cakes on the way to the pool. The girl's were so excited and were happy that so many people had come to their party. It was soon time to blow out their candles. I was so proud of how they grew up, they truly were beautiful. 

We had brought them a new swimming costume each, so they changed into them and enjoyed their first swim in the pool. The party was wonderful, everyone had a really great time, especially the girls. They were so tired and couldn't wait to try out their new beds. When we got home they gave us a hug and went straight to bed, they had a big day tomorrow. It was their first day of school.



I was up at 6am getting their uniforms ready and making them some organic pancakes for breakfast. I don't know who was more nervous, me? Or them? After they had changed into their uniforms and ate their breakfast I stood at the door watching them get on the bus, I was going to miss them here during the day.




I didn't start work for another week, so with a few extra hours a day to myself, I had plenty of time to plan and make sure I had everything I needed for my first day back. I needed to sort out an outfit to wear on my first day back. I decided on a pale blue top with a high waisted skirt.



The girl's arrived home from school just after 3pm, I told them to go get changed and make a start on their homework, while I prepared the dinner. Claude arrived home from work just as I had finished cooking, he said he had some news but that it would have to wait until the girls were in bed, when we could talk. We ate dinner at the table as a family. I love being able to eat like this every night. It's a good time to catch up on everyone's days. Lily and Lyra told us that they had made a few new friends and that they had had a really good first day at school. I was pleased they were getting on well, maybe I could relax a bit more now I know I don't have to worry about them so much. Claude had received another promotion, he is working so hard. He is now part of the Vice Squad, which means because he is now on special assignments his pay has jumped dramatically.



After we had finished dinner I sent the girls to have a quick shower before bed and told them I would be up in a minute to tuck them in. When I went up they were already in bed fast asleep. They looked so cute.



I changed into my pyjamas and was relaxing on our bed when Claude came and joined me. He told me he had received a phone call from the Private Investigator regarding his Father. He had found him and said he was living alone in Champs Le Sims. Claude seemed very worried about what he was to tell me next.



What has Claude got to tell Jenna and why is he so nervous?
Find out in chapter 6.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the style you use to show the action and I am looking forward to finding out his secret.

strelitzia19 said...

Thank-you the next chapter should be up tomorrow. :)

Hugzies said...

I cant wait to find out what he says

Doons99P said...

You really are very good at taking pics - they are great! The story is building up :)

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

The kids are so cute! Love their outfits. ^_^ The story is definitely building up, well done! I love what you did with the bedrooms. :D

strelitzia19 said...

Thank-you :D

Caitlin said...

Wow, your really good at designing houses :O! I love the girls bedrooms :)

Unknown said...

I love how you redecorated their rooms, they look beautiful! :)

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting or reading this for so long, I had so much to do with uni and did't find time to fit it in I'm afraid :(

Welcome To The Stone Family Blog.


I would like to introduce you to my founder, Jenna Stone and her husband Claude Stone.


Jenna's traits are:

Born Saleswoman

Eco-friendly

Bookworm

Family Orientated

Artistic

Her favourite's include:

Pop

Waffles

Aqua

Jenna is an artistic person, and can always be found painting her worries away. She wants a big family, she say's a home filled with laughter is the place to be. When she isn't painting she can be found either out in the garden or at the library reading. Being Eco-friendly she likes to recycle, take quick showers and just generally take care of the planet. She still remembers the first day she met Claude like it was yesterday. He was walking past as she left the library, and her being the bookworm that she is had her head stuck in her favourite book and bumped into him. Claude caught her and as their eyes met they instantly felt the attraction towards one another, and from that day they never left each others side.


Claude's traits are:

Family Orientated

Schmoozer

Charismasitic

Athletic

Ambitious


His favourites include:

Pop

Autumn Salad

Irish Green

Claude is very athletic, most days he can be found working out at the gym or with his family.He is also very charismatic and loves to make friends and meet new people. He is very career orientated and because he is a schmoozer he makes friends with colleagues very quickly. He is very family orientated and would love 4 or 5 children. He has always wanted a large family and never thought it would be possible until he met Jenna. He and Jenna were engaged within 6 months of meeting, they had a whirlwind romance and neither could imagine life without the other.





What will the future hold for the Stone's.