21 Jun 2010

Gen 1 - Chapter 7 : The truth.

This chapter is also told from Claude point of view.

I told him that my mother's name was Elizabeth Roberts, and that she had written me a letter containing this address. She said that my Father lived here. He said that yes, he knew a woman of that name, they were married some years ago. He then told me that she had died in a large house fire long ago along with their only son. This must have been the accident my mother was referring to in the letter. I told him this and he invited me inside so we could talk in private.




He said it's not that I don't believe you, but if it is true I am scared of losing the people I value most in the world all over again. It took me and your mother years to conceive you, that when it finally happened we agreed not have more children and shower you with all our love. I never wanted to leave you or Elizabeth. I had no choice. My career took me on trips all over the world, and on this particular occasion I had to go under cover and forget everything about myself for a while, so that I wouldn't be found out. When it was time for me to return home, I was told that a large house fire had perished our home and that the two of you were dead. I was so distraught that I vowed never to set foot in TwinBrook again.



My flight home was the next morning so Billy offered me his couch, so that we could get to know one another a bit more. We sat and chatted about the past and our current lives for the rest of the day, I told him all about my family , that I was engaged to the most amazing woman and had two beautiful girls. I realised that my father had never intentionally left the family that he loved so dearly and forgave him for everything.



When I awoke, I felt like a whole new person with so much to look forward to. Getting to know my Father is all I have even wanted, for as long as I could remember I wanted a family that was whole. Now my dreams were within my grasp I didn't want to let it go. I asked dad if he would like to come and stay with us for a while and meet Jenna and the girl's. I was ecstatic when he agreed, and managed to book an extra ticket for him.



Once we arrived in TwinBrook Dad was a little quiet, probably from all the memories that were going to be bubbling to the surface. I asked him if he was OK, he said yes, he couldn't wait to meet my girl's.
We pulled up outside the house to find Jenna and the girl's waiting by the door with open arms. Jenna ran to me, oh how I had missed her. The girl's looked like they had grown so much in my absence, they are turning into beautiful young ladies.



I introduced Dad to everyone and they welcomed him with warmth.



After a nice relaxing bath, we all sat down to dinner and got acquainted. The girl's were amazed to be able to meet the Grandfather they thought didn't exist, and asked him a lot of questions. He answered them as best he could, not bothered by the fact there were so many. He looked relieved to be part of a family again.



After dinner I shew him to his room and told him if he needed anything not to hesitate in asking. We made up a bedroom for him in Jenna's drawing room. It wasn't much but he accepted it gratefully. I said goodnight and headed off to bed. It had been a tiring few days.



In the morning I had to get ready for work, I didn't want to leave him on his own so soon after arriving home, but I was needed at the station. Jenna was back at work now, so her and the girl's would be gone all day also. I told him to make himself at home and gave him a quick run through of the town, so if he did want to venture out he knew where to go.



I arrived home from work a little after 6pm to find my family sitting round the dining table waiting for me, chatting about their day.



Jenna said she had a great day at work, and that she was loving having her independence back. The girls were both doing great and had made it on the honour roll, I was so proud of my little angels. Dad said that he had a good day, he went for a walk into town and sat in the park reading for an hour or so, then ventured down to the beach to do a spot of fishing. He also said that he had got himself a part time job at the book-store to help pay his way while he was staying here. I told him this wasn't necessary, but he insisted, saying that if he was going to be buying a place near his family he would need something to help set him up. I was over the moon that he wanted to stay.



That night once everyone had gone to bed, me and Jenna discussed buying Dad a cottage of his own, she agreed this was a great idea and that we could use some of the money we had saved for a wedding since neither of us were in a hurry to get married. We had a look online at the real estate and purchased a small cottage not too far from our house.



Now all we had to do was surprise dad.

Find out how Billy reacts in chapter 8 :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope his dad likes the surprise!

strelitzia19 said...

Me too lol :)

Anonymous said...

From Seaweedy,
I am hoping for the best for their family reunion.

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks :)

tori104 said...

The house is so pretty! :) Did you make it or was it in Twinbrooke?

strelitzia19 said...

Which house? :)

Hugzies said...

I agree that little cabin is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That's one heck of a "little cottage!" Hope he likes it! Though I hope buying it doesn't postpone the wedding for too long. Lol.

strelitzia19 said...

Thank-you :D

Unknown said...

The little cottage is adorable! (and looks awfully familiar! Is it one that was already in the game? I think one of my sims may have lived there!)
It's really sweet of them to do that, especially where it's using their weddings funds for it!

Welcome To The Stone Family Blog.


I would like to introduce you to my founder, Jenna Stone and her husband Claude Stone.


Jenna's traits are:

Born Saleswoman

Eco-friendly

Bookworm

Family Orientated

Artistic

Her favourite's include:

Pop

Waffles

Aqua

Jenna is an artistic person, and can always be found painting her worries away. She wants a big family, she say's a home filled with laughter is the place to be. When she isn't painting she can be found either out in the garden or at the library reading. Being Eco-friendly she likes to recycle, take quick showers and just generally take care of the planet. She still remembers the first day she met Claude like it was yesterday. He was walking past as she left the library, and her being the bookworm that she is had her head stuck in her favourite book and bumped into him. Claude caught her and as their eyes met they instantly felt the attraction towards one another, and from that day they never left each others side.


Claude's traits are:

Family Orientated

Schmoozer

Charismasitic

Athletic

Ambitious


His favourites include:

Pop

Autumn Salad

Irish Green

Claude is very athletic, most days he can be found working out at the gym or with his family.He is also very charismatic and loves to make friends and meet new people. He is very career orientated and because he is a schmoozer he makes friends with colleagues very quickly. He is very family orientated and would love 4 or 5 children. He has always wanted a large family and never thought it would be possible until he met Jenna. He and Jenna were engaged within 6 months of meeting, they had a whirlwind romance and neither could imagine life without the other.





What will the future hold for the Stone's.