6 Nov 2010

Gen 2 - Chapter 16: Confessions.

It had been a few weeks since I found out I was pregnant, and I was still trying to think of a way to tell Mum, Dad and of course Alex. I know they are going to be so disappointed in me, heck, I am even disappointed in myself. I am only sixteen, just a child, how was I going to be able to provide for another life when I could barely look after myself!? Thankfully the sickness had stopped, so Mum hadn't asked any questions, I guess she just assumed it was because I was missing Alex. I was, I just didn't know what to do about it, I didn't want to upset Mum and Dad anymore than I already had, and will be doing, I just missed him so much!



I had already told Kitty about the baby, of course she was so supportive, she's my best friend, so why wouldn't she be!? She asked if I wanted her to be there when I told Mum and Dad, but I knew this was something I had to do on my own, so kindly declined her offer. I just wish Alex could be there holding my hand, supporting me and the baby as we told my parents together.



Both Mum and Dad were going to be home early tonight, so I made sure I had finished my homework and that my room was tidy, and I even made a nice salad for dinner in the hopes it would ease my confession. I waited until they had both got in from work and were changed ready for dinner until I was ready to tell them. I tried so many times during dinner, but stuttered and stumbled my way through idle chit chat instead, I just couldn't do it, I don't think I could handle the disappointed looks on their faces.


I finished my salad and excused myself from the dining table, telling them I was going to go and have a bath. I climbed in and felt the bubbles soaking my skin, and relaxing me. I heard a little knock on the door, and a soft voice say "Kay, are you OK in there, you've been in there for over an hour!?" "Yes Mum, I'm fine, I'm now about to get out." I replied, I must have fallen asleep. I grabbed the towel from the rail and wrapped it round me before heading to my room to get my night clothes on.


I had just finished getting changed when there was a knock on the door, it was Mum again. "Can I come in please Kay?" She asked. "Sure Mum." I said.


"What's up?" I asked her.


"Oh nothing...I was just wondering if you were OK, as you have been rather quiet lately?" She questioned.


I waited a few seconds, thinking of an appropriate answer, before replying "I'm...fine Mum, I just miss Ale.." Upon saying his name I burst into tears "Oh Mum, it's terrible, I don't know what I'm going to do!"


She pulled me into a hug and as she stroked my hair said "Kay, you know you can tell me anything and I'll be here to support you, right? "


I knew I couldn't keep it from her any longer, I knew she wouldn't be mad and just that thought gave me the courage. "Mum....I'm...pregnant!" I said and burst into tears all over again.


I felt her pull away in shock before pulling me closer again. As she spoke I could hear the disappointment in her voice. "Oh Kayleigh..how long have you known?"


I couldn't look at her as I told her " I've known for five weeks, I didn't want to disappoint you, or make you any angrier with me than you and Dad already were."


I could hear the love and worry overtake her voice as she said. "You should know me well enough to know I wouldn't be angry, yes I am disappointed in you, but you are my daughter, of course I'm going to be here to help and support you in any way I can. Are you going to keep it?"


I knew I couldn't really get rid of our baby, when it was my fault for being so stupid. I didn't hesitate before answering. "Yes I would like to keep it, I still have to tell Alex though."

"OK, get dressed and I will drop you off, don't worry I will tell your Father while you are there, that will give him a little while to get his head around it." She said, I am so glad Mum loves me so much, and actually wants to support me, even with me making such a HUGE mistake.



I pulled her into a big hug "Thank-you for understanding and being there Mum, you don't know how much it means." I told her.


I quickly pulled on some jeans, top and a jacket and headed downstairs where Mum was waiting. I gave her a smile as we headed out to the car. The ride over to Alex's house took longer than usual, we both sat in silence, I could tell we were both thinking over what we were going to say.


Five minutes later Mum pulled up outside the house, I gave her a quick hug, said good-bye and braced myself for what was to come. I slowly walked up to and knocked on the door, it was a few minutes before Alex answered, despite my nervousness I smiled and said "Hi...can we talk please?"

"Um....sure, come in." Alex said as he moved so I could pass.



We made our way into the living room, and before I could sit down Alex pulled me into his arms "I've missed you gorgeous." He purred. I felt my knees go weak just at the sound of his voice, he was still as gorgeous as I remember, it had been a few months since I had last seen him, we had been texting, but it wasn't the same.


"I've missed you to...too much!" I confessed.


"So......What did you want to talk about?" He inquired.
"I think you should sit down..." I told him, hesitant of what he would say.


I waited until he had sat down before starting, I stuttered as I told him "Alex, please don't be angry with me...but....I'm....pregnant....with....your...baby!


As he stood up I could see his jaw clench, oh god I knew this couldn't be good. As he spoke I could see he was really angry "WHAT!! HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID?


I burst into tears as I replied "It's not just my fault..it's your baby too!"


I swear if it was possible, with that statement he got even angrier, and literally screamed at me "MY FAULT! HOW COULD IT BE MY FAULT? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE PILL. IT'S YOUR BABY. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT OR YOU EVER AGAIN. GET OUT NOW!!!"


In that moment I felt my heart shatter like I never thought was possible. I loved him so much, how could he do this!? I got up and ran out of the house, I ran until I couldn't feel my legs and could no longer see his house when I looked back. It wasn't until I stopped for breath and looked around that I realised I was on the bridge leading out of town. I could see the lights from the city in the distance, it was in that moment I knew, as soon as I was able to I would move to the city and get away from this place and HIM!


I looked at my watch, it was gone eleven Mum would be worried. I pulled my phone out and called her, asking if she could come and collect me. I was relieved that she said she was already out the door and on her way. Less than five minutes later she pulled up, I got in the car and we made our way home.



Stay tuned for chapter 17 :)

22 comments:

starling68 said...

Aw poor Kayleigh :(
I had a feeling Alex wasn't going to be there for her.
I'm glad that Lyra is being very supportive though.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks, yeah he is a bit of a douche! Lets just hope she can get over it :)

Berry said...

u.u

Charlie12309 said...

Aww I feel so sorry for her, at least Lyra is being supportive but Alex is a jerk
I want to see her dads reaction O_O lol cant wait for the next update :)

Kittycattylion said...

what Berry said! T_T

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks guys <33

buckeygirl80 said...

Poor Kayleigh! I hope her Dad doesn't freak out! She'll need some kind of male figure in her life...

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks buckey, finger crossed, hey! :D

Anonymous said...

Oooooh I was about to come and ask where you had been hiding when I saw a new chapter!!!! wheeeeeee

I'm had a feeling (and ok I was secretly hoping Alex would be a moron about it). Kayleigh deserves better than him and she Lyra is so sweet for not lecturing her over something that's already happened.

Loved it!! can't wait to see what happens next.

Sky.
*Help help I have 3 teenage elves loose in the big city! lol*

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks Sky, I read your chapter while I was uploading the pictures for this chapter, but didn't have time to comment XD

Cami said...

Oh poor Kayleigh! I was afraid of that but was hoping he'd be a stand up guy. :(

Glad that her mom is supportive though, I suspect her dad will be too once he gets over the initial shock.

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks Cami, Yeah, you never know what's going to happen, but I'm sure her family will support her :)

B.G, Ginger said...

Kayleigh will be better off with out Alex...glad she has her mother to lean on.....Hmmmmm...how will Dad react? Great update!

Anonymous said...

So glad Kayleigh's parents are supporting her. She will need it in the time to come.

jen said...

Awesome new chapter! Love the drama of it, but Alex is a pig. :( Poor, poor Kayleigh.

Your legacy just gets better and better!! :D

Thea said...

Awww and her I thought Alex was going to be a sweet and wonderful guy and support her. Poor Kayleigh. At least she has her mother's love and support, poor thing is going to need it.

Jojo777 said...

Aww, feel bad for Kayleigh, but I knew Alex was a jerk!! I'm glad Lyra is there for her though, she really needs that support. Excellent update, can't wait for another one!! :)

Terra said...

Just read through your entire legacy...and I gotta say...I love it! Poor Kayleigh, clearly she hads an absolute jerkface of a boyfriend and I am not impresseed :\ Fortunately she has a great best friend and supportive parents!

Anonymous said...

Just read through the entire legacy. And I love the way you write. Its so diferent then any writing i've ever read. It is wonderful. I found your blog through fury redds story. And I'm so glad I did. Can't wait for more. But are you still doing the legacy? Because this one is from june 2010. I hope so.

strelitzia19 said...

Hi CandiAnn, thanks for reading my legacy, I am glad you are enjoying it so far. This chapter was published on the 6th of November 2010, I update weekly, normally on a Saturday or Sunday, and plan to do so for a very long time. :)

friendliellama said...

Just caught up with the entire story..
I just knew Alex wasn't going to be there for her from the moment he was introduced. D: Not cool, man, not cool.
Great update, as always ;D

Hugzies said...

Stupid Alex! What an awful jerk he is. I hope her father feels the same way Lyra does, she is going to need them.

Welcome To The Stone Family Blog.


I would like to introduce you to my founder, Jenna Stone and her husband Claude Stone.


Jenna's traits are:

Born Saleswoman

Eco-friendly

Bookworm

Family Orientated

Artistic

Her favourite's include:

Pop

Waffles

Aqua

Jenna is an artistic person, and can always be found painting her worries away. She wants a big family, she say's a home filled with laughter is the place to be. When she isn't painting she can be found either out in the garden or at the library reading. Being Eco-friendly she likes to recycle, take quick showers and just generally take care of the planet. She still remembers the first day she met Claude like it was yesterday. He was walking past as she left the library, and her being the bookworm that she is had her head stuck in her favourite book and bumped into him. Claude caught her and as their eyes met they instantly felt the attraction towards one another, and from that day they never left each others side.


Claude's traits are:

Family Orientated

Schmoozer

Charismasitic

Athletic

Ambitious


His favourites include:

Pop

Autumn Salad

Irish Green

Claude is very athletic, most days he can be found working out at the gym or with his family.He is also very charismatic and loves to make friends and meet new people. He is very career orientated and because he is a schmoozer he makes friends with colleagues very quickly. He is very family orientated and would love 4 or 5 children. He has always wanted a large family and never thought it would be possible until he met Jenna. He and Jenna were engaged within 6 months of meeting, they had a whirlwind romance and neither could imagine life without the other.





What will the future hold for the Stone's.