17 Nov 2010

Lily - Part One!

Today started out like any other, the latest addition to our family, Jamie, had woken me up at around 6am wanting his breakfast. I gently scooped him up and carried him into the kitchen and placed him in his high chair while I prepared his breakfast. Once he had finished I cleared his plate away and got him dressed, and took him into the living room so that we could practice a few new words. His speech was improving a little every day, they always grow so fast.

I loved the little pouty faces that he pulled whenever he couldn't get the words to come out right. It was so sweet to see him trying so hard, if only he was the same with potty training!

Leo had grown into a handsome, but moody teenager, and spent most of his time up in his room, or out with friends. I still couldn't get over how much he looked like his father, it surprises me every day at how alike they are.

Benji had recently been promoted to Lab Technician, he had worked at the Science Lab for over ten years now, and was relieved to have his employers finally see just how much he does for them. He deserved that promotion a long time ago, if you ask me.

Our marriage hasn't been an easy ride, in fact Benji has just moved back in after a trial separation that started a little over six months ago. We had been arguing a lot, I think it was the stresses of being parents to a moody teenager, having a new baby on the way, and working so many hours. After giving each other some much needed space we both came to realise that we wanted, no needed to be together. It done our relationship the world of good, though, and I'm not ashamed to say that I would do it all again just to get where we are today. When he's home Benji helps out around the house as much as he can, which is a great help. More often than not he will do the laundry while I prepare the dinner, or vice versa.

Leo has really knuckled down at school the last few months, and is finally getting his grades back up to where they should be. The whole business with me and Benji affected him pretty badly, we even caught him skipping school and hanging out round the local park a few times. We weren't mad at him, we just want him to well and be able to get a decent job, so that when he's ready to move out and have a family of his own he will be able to support them.

My work has been going pretty well too, I returned from maternity leave seven months ago now, and am very grateful to my boss for allowing me to take on cases and work from home, so that I can keep a watchful eye on Jamie. Most of the time I'm in the study writing up reports, although I do take on at least one case a week.

The current case I'm handling is for a lady called Julienne Knack, she wants me to find out if one of her employees, Beverly Castor has been hacking the software for the Library. The job has some down sides, like raiding peoples mail or rubbish bins for clues, but the rewards and praise when you solve a case are worth it.

I found a couple of letters that could prove that Beverly was hacking the database for the Library, but still felt that I needed more evidence.

I Had a quick check to make sure no-one was watching, or nearby before diving head first into her dustbin. Pheeeww it's smells so bad in here! I had just found an email when I heard a noise..

I quickly shoved the email in my pocket and looked up..and there was Beverly. Oops! This was one of the major downsides of the job, getting caught.

Thankfully I had been trained for such situations, so when Beverly started raining down a torrent of abuse before attacking me I knew exactly how to retaliate without hurting her, she was an old lady after all.

I made my way back to Julienne and gave her the evidence along with the case details. She seemed very disappointed that her long time friend and colleague would do such a thing. I comforted her as best I could before saying my goodbyes and heading home.

While I was on my way home I received a call from the local Mayors office, he wanted me to come to down to City Hall right away and collect the Investigators Trophy Of Honour. I was ecstatic to be receiving the award, and knowing the community appreciated all the help I gave them.

Maybe my life was on it's way to being perfect.


13 comments:

starling68 said...

Aw, it's nice to hear a little update from Lily <3

Leo looks so much like his father! Which isn't a bad thing of course ;)

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks Star, glad you liked the new add on to the legacy. Yeah, he looks so much like him, and I'm thinking Jamie will too :)

Thea said...

Awww it's so cute to here from her. I am glad her marriage and family got back on track, I really hope they stay that way :D

strelitzia19 said...

Thanks Thea! :D

Jojo777 said...

Yeah, definitely nice to hear about her life! Glad she's doing well, and getting along with her husband again!

Hugzies said...

Looks like she has built a nice little life for herself, Lets face it every family has its little issues but having them there for you in the end is what matters most.

B.G, Ginger said...

enjoyed this very much =D

Rheassi said...

Lily sounds like she is doing great! Thank you for giving us an update :)

Berry said...

Neat! ^-^

Anonymous said...

Great to see an update on Lily.

Anonymous said...

Nice update on Lily! :D

Fawnester said...

So are you going to do more on lily, or are you focusing on the twins?

strelitzia19 said...

I may do one or two more eventually...theses are just tiny updates and will only be posted once in a while. :D

Welcome To The Stone Family Blog.


I would like to introduce you to my founder, Jenna Stone and her husband Claude Stone.


Jenna's traits are:

Born Saleswoman

Eco-friendly

Bookworm

Family Orientated

Artistic

Her favourite's include:

Pop

Waffles

Aqua

Jenna is an artistic person, and can always be found painting her worries away. She wants a big family, she say's a home filled with laughter is the place to be. When she isn't painting she can be found either out in the garden or at the library reading. Being Eco-friendly she likes to recycle, take quick showers and just generally take care of the planet. She still remembers the first day she met Claude like it was yesterday. He was walking past as she left the library, and her being the bookworm that she is had her head stuck in her favourite book and bumped into him. Claude caught her and as their eyes met they instantly felt the attraction towards one another, and from that day they never left each others side.


Claude's traits are:

Family Orientated

Schmoozer

Charismasitic

Athletic

Ambitious


His favourites include:

Pop

Autumn Salad

Irish Green

Claude is very athletic, most days he can be found working out at the gym or with his family.He is also very charismatic and loves to make friends and meet new people. He is very career orientated and because he is a schmoozer he makes friends with colleagues very quickly. He is very family orientated and would love 4 or 5 children. He has always wanted a large family and never thought it would be possible until he met Jenna. He and Jenna were engaged within 6 months of meeting, they had a whirlwind romance and neither could imagine life without the other.





What will the future hold for the Stone's.